Two words: cinnamon sugar.
Add cream cheese icing?
I wanted to make a mini dessert for Valentine’s day. Bam, mini cinnamon rolls. Good for breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner…. and maybe dessert. There’s not much more to say about this recipe, who doesn’t love a good cinnamon roll? The frosting is also super simple– no hand mixer needed at all.
This recipe is literally easy AF and you’ll blow everyone away at how cute and tasty these little cinnamon rolls are. You only need a few ingredients and a mini cupcake pan, 8 minutes and we are in business.
Scroll on down for the recipe!
MINI CINNAMON ROLLS
– 1 tube of crescent roll dough
– 2 tbsp butter
– 1 tbsp granulated sugar
– 1 tbsp brown sugar
– 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven according to crescent roll dough tube directions.
- Layout half the dough (4 triangles) and pinch all the seams together. Flip ’em on over and repeat on the other side.
- Using a rolling pin, smooth the seams and roll the dough into a square about 1/4″ thick.
- Brush with half the butter, and sprinkle with as much cinnamon and brown sugar as you want (AKA A LOT)
- Roll into a log and cut into 8 pieces.
- Place those mini rolls into a non-stick sprayed mini muffin tin. Repeat with the rest of the dough and bake for 8 minutes.
CREAM CHEESE ICING
– 8 oz cream cheese
– 1 tsp milk
– 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
– 2 tbsp softened butter
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 tbsp milk
- Heat the 8oz of cream cheese and 1 tsp of milk in a glass bowl (or other microwave safe dish) in the microwave for 3 minutes. Remove carefully then stir and pop it in for another 30 seconds.
- Add in the powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and milk and stir together. Pop it back into the microwave for another 1 minute until it reaches a thick, creamy consistency– a little runnier than yogurt.
- Pour it over your hot rolls!
SEE!? So easy! Hope ya’ll enjoy. Xo, S.